Automated Mold Production
for Composite Material Manufacturing
The Massivit 10000-G & Massivit 10000 additive manufacturing systems provide automated, high-speed mold production for composite materials manufacturing. Manufacturers can now produce complex, isotropic molds, plugs, mandrels, jigs, and fixtures within a matter of days and with significantly less waste.
Based on Massivit 3D’s Cast In Motion (CIM) technology, the Massivit 10000 and Massivit 10000-G enable automated mold production and tooling for composite manufacturing. They empower composite fabricators to directly print industrial, complex molds within a matter of days, instead of weeks. This is enabled by a combination of ultra-fast, additive manufacturing technology and a high-performance casting material, CIM 500. Cast In Motion brings to market the first, true isotropic 3D-printed mold.
Applications: Complex molds (including open and closed molds, tooling for Thermoforming, Resin Transfer Molding, and Reaction Injection Molding), mandrels, master tools, jigs and fixtures can all be digitally produced at high speed – serving a range of industries including automotive, rail, marine, construction, defense, aerospace, sporting goods, and bath ware.
WHY THE MASSIVIT 10000?
Large molds and tools traditionally used for producing fiber-reinforced composite parts are expensive, slow-to-build, wasteful, and require extensive manual skilled labor. The Massivit 10000 brings to market enormous time- and cost-saving benefits for the manufacturing of large tooling:
- Shorten production time of molds by 80%
- Save up to 90% of manual labor
- Produce true isotropic, 3D-printed molds
- Significantly reduce tool costs
- Simplify production, achieve higher yield
- Simplify supply chain and reduce required stocks
- Reduce waste of expensive materials
MASSIVIT 10000-G [New!]
The Massivit 10000-G combines Massivit 3D’s two key product lines. The system offers the full range of composite manufacturing applications available on the Massivit 10000, including industrial molds, mandrels, master tools, jigs & fixtures, plus a new feature providing access to the company’s Gel Dispensing Printing technology and full set of Dimengel materials. Massivit 3D customers can now markedly expand their business services to include direct custom manufacturing and functional prototyping. Dimengel materials respond to essential industry requirements such as flame retardancy, high-definition production, reduction in waste, and more.
HOW CAST IN MOTION WORKS
- An outer sacrificial shell is 3D printed with Massivit 3D’s DIM WB water-breakable gel, in any geometry.
- CIM 500, a thermoset epoxy material that has high mechanical and thermal properties, is intermittently cast into that shell, forming an isotropic mold.
- Once the encapsulated mold is immersed in plain water, the sacrificial shell crumbles away, leaving the desired mold ready to use.
- Design freedom allows mold production of function-oriented, intricate geometries
- True isotropy as well as high mechanical and thermal properties at eleated temperatures
- Better and faster tool design cycle – including many features – reduces iterations
- CAD part to CAD mold design enables improved accuracy, consistency and higher reliability
Massivit 3D’s disruptive, mold-making solution comprises pioneering hardware, software and chemistry. It facilitates fast, efficient and waste-less manufacturing with unlimited size and volume capabilities. Massivit 3D’s technology is protected by a wide intellectual property portfolio containing 50 active patent assets.
Massivit 3D Printing Technologies Ltd. (www.massivit3D.com) is a pioneer of large-scale 3D printing systems comprising hardware, software, consumables, and professional services. The company’s solutions enable swift and cost-effective production of large parts. Massivit 3D’s vision is to transform manufacturing of large parts from traditional processes to ultra-fast, digital fabrication using industrial-grade materials. Founded in 2013 by a team of recognized industry experts, Massivit 3D is headquartered in Lod, Israel, and provides its worldwide community with end-to-end services supported through an extensive dealer network.